I grew up knowing that I wanted to be a physician. Today, after 25 years as a gastrointestinal specialist, I have no regrets. I enjoy being able to help others, and I take particular joy in interacting with people and getting to know them.
What I’ve learned over the years is that my mission of providing top-notch care and excellent outcomes depends greatly on the relationship, interaction, and communication between patient and physician. This is the reason that I bring a personal touch to the care I provide, from being personally involved and listening carefully, to making sure you understand your situation and options and make informed choices.
Experience is another important part of providing optimal care. Gastrointestinal problems are often challenging to diagnose, particularly in differentiating the real cause of symptoms from the other possible causes.
Determining the most appropriate and effective treatment can also be a challenge. And treatment itself very often requires practiced skill. In my opinion, my volume of experience is an essential part of the technical skill I have today, which has helped me achieve successful outcomes where others haven’t."
- Board Certified: Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Montefiore Hospital & Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Montefiore Hospital & Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Montefiore Hospital & Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- MD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- BA: Biology, Harpur College, State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY
- Member: American Gastroenterological Association, American Medical Association, New Jersey State Medical Society, South Jersey Gastrointestinal Society, Camden County Medical Society
- Section Chief: Gastroenterology, Virtua/West Jersey Hospital System, 2004–present; Gastroenterology, West Jersey Health System–Marlton Division, 1989–2002
- Chairman: Case Management Committee, Underwood Memorial Hospital, 1996–2006
- Advisory Committee: Philadelphia/Delaware County Chapter, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, 1990–present
- Medical Director: The Endo Center at Voorhees, Voorhees, NJ, 2001–05
- Co-Chairman: Joint Endoscopy Credentials Committee, West Jersey Health Systems, 1989–1992